Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest We finished up on June 3. We got 350 acres of beans planted that week and a couple hundred acres of corn. We had a good stretch of weather and ground conditions got right so we put the hammer down. We really never left the tractor seats apart from doing the morning chores. We kept after it. We also tried to get a bunch of hay made. I just mowed the last 20 acres last night.The first corn we planted is in desperate need of nitrogen right now and we have the sidedresser rolling. I am actually meeting with our agronomist this morning to go look at an acre or two that didn’t come up so I will probably spot some in this morning. There are a few drown-outs in the bottom spots. Overall things look pretty good though. We had good emergence and good, even stands. The heat is up and the slug issue should be done. We never really had slug issues before but this year was a record replant for this area with drowned out spots and slugs. That is unheard of in our area.I am pretty impressed with the way the crops turned out. It is actually a little bit on the dry side. The last rain we had was a tenth and a half on Friday night. It was a pop-up shower. They are calling for some pretty good chances this week.We are getting pretty good tonnage as far as first cutting rye hay goes for us with four or five bales per acre. We are still two or three weeks out from wheat harvest yet. Hopefully that gives us some time to get other stuff done before then. Things have shaped up. I wish things were like this a month ago.